Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Monumental Love: A Wedding for the Ages

The time has come, dear friends, to lay down the first brick of the Pyramid Wedding Recaps!

The day in a nutshell: cheesy smiles, kisses, and beautiful flowers./Photo by Eau Claire Photographics
I've been popping in here and there since the wedding, but after a year of writing on the Bee, a little refresh of some of my favorite posts seems in order:
Sphinx and I met on a trip to Italy and Greece and after seven years of dating, he proposed in Disney World, so that's where we returned to take our engagement pictures.  For our wedding, we decided to showcase our city with some awesome welcome parties, a ceremony at St. Francis of Assisi Church, a reception at the historic New Orleans Board of Trade, and several New Orleans wedding traditions.  I started off - as many do - with an inspiration board, which led to my chandelier obsession, subsequent chandelier project, and decor with lots of flowers and candles.  Other highlights include our semi-DIY invitations, rocking reception band, and a drool-worthy wedding cake.  Add in a beautiful bridal shower, a kick-ass Vegas Bachelorette, and some bridal pictures showcasing my dress, and let's just say that the engagement and wedding were everything I could have dreamed and more.  Plus, y'all gave me the chance to chat about some beauty tips on DIY glamorous makeup for photosnail caredrugstore makeup, and skin care, which was really fun!

And what better way to get a glimpse of how all that planing turned out, than a look at our teaser trailer?  


I seriously love that video!  We've got a longer trailer that covers more of the night (and some of Sphinx's letter to me) but this little clip captures a bit of everything all in one place.

So stay tuned to hear about the laughs, the tears, the fun - and the tiger! Thanks for coming along on this adventure with us, hive!

No comments:

Post a Comment