Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Two Love

Well helloooo, Hive! It's Mrs. Pyramid here, stopping by as we pass the year number two milestone!

Photo by Eau Claire Photographics

Wait, we can't really be at two already, can we? *recounts on fingers* Well, what do you know!


Last Tuesday, Sphinx and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary on a trip back to where it all began for us - Greece! We met there on a school trip in 2005, and the rest was ancient history,

Theatre at Delphi

The Acropolis of Athens
Our trip was absolutely amazing filled with incredible food and wine, infinity pools, catamaran trips to secluded beaches with crystal clear waters, and a healthy amount of historical site visits.

Greek Island of Milos - Kleftiko Beach
While this trip conveniently fell over our anniversary, it wasn't the sole reason why we planned the vacation.  It was also a bit of a celebration for making it through a rather stressful period of time in our lives.  If you know anyone who works in the oil and gas industry, you likely know what I'm talking about.  Oil price, downturn, and a very real possibility of being laid off have been in the back (or front!) of my mind for the past year, along with saving money, updating my resume, and brainstorming career changes.  When my company completed the "reassignment" process and I found myself with a job - as a senior engineer at that! - we knew that it was time to treat ourselves (Parks&Rec style).  We're nowhere near out of the woods yet, and many changes are likely to come our way in the next year or more, but the break was just what we needed to reconnect and refresh.

The Windmills on the island of Mykonos
Private balcony in Santorini? Donna Regal Meagle would approve.

Anniversary dinner in Santorini
All that to say...I have a wonderful husband.  Sure, our wedding vows didn't include the phase "for moodier and panicked, in stress and ridiculously long working hours," but it might as well have.  Some days I came home not wanting to talk or think about anything at all - and Sphinx let me have that space.  Some days I wouldn't shut the heck up about what new bit of info was leaked about how many jobs would be cut and what that might mean for me and my coworkers - and Sphinx let me blabber on all night until I crashed into bed.  He was absolutely the support system that I needed and helped me to see that this situation would not be the end of the world (even though some days it felt like that).  Thank you for that, dear.



Not that we let all of that control our entire lives - our second year of marriage was definitely a fantastic one!  We braved the snow in Colorado, the heat and crowds in WDW, enjoyed time with our friends and family, created an unstoppable triva dynasty that has yet to know defeat, high-fived like dorks, laughed like fools, and spoiled the heck out of our pup Riley.

Someone's a daddy's girl.

Since I obviously like sharing these pics of our life and travels, I plan to start posting more often over on the blog I share with my sister - Guaca-Scuse Me?  It kind of slipped away from us in the craziness of the last year, but we are both refocusing on writing about our favorite topics like food, travel, beauty, fashion, and health!  We'd love it if you stopped by!

Of course, if you want more reading material, there's always my wedding recaps here on the Bee (the last post has links to all the others).  I loved being able to share our story, and hope that they're still helpful to readers down the road.

It's been great to check in, but I'll let y'all get back to your regularly-scheduled wedding planning posts.  Wishing each one of you the best in your journeys!  It's a very special time in your life - enjoy it for what it is, but also don't let yourself get too overwhelmed.  Just try to keep having fun and everything will be perfect!

Bye now! See ya real soon! | Photo by Eau Claire Photographics

No comments:

Post a Comment