Wednesday, October 9, 2013

My First Wedding Nightmare

So I can finally say that, like Miss Filly, I've checked into the bridal brain club - I've had my first wedding nightmare!

While we still have about seven months to the wedding day, in my dream it just was the day with nothing else done besides what we have right now.  I was in my hotel room with BM E and realized that time must have just flown by!  I told them to wear any dress that they wanted, since apparently we never got around to picking out bridesmaids dresses.  While sitting on the bed trying to figure out how time had sped by, I saw the setup crew for the venue unloading boxes of my decorations and looking confused.  Nothing was completed or organized, and some of my chandeliers weren't even assembled yet (oh yea, I got the chandeliers and I'll be sharing them soon!).  I wanted to go rush out there and help put them together, but I was also worried about messing up my nails - hey at least I had those done, right?  Then some weird secret agents from the hotel took me into a bridal backroom store to pick out special cards for my family - it started getting pretty weird from there.

Google "sleeping bride" and this is what you get. Good to know./Source: Science Reflections Wallpaper

The weirdest part of the dream is that I didn't get flustered and wake up in a panic.  I was oddly calm, albeit a little confused, but towards the end I was just like "Well, no time to fix anything now, let's just roll with it!"  While I plan on actually being able to choose some food for the wedding and have a schedule for the day (unlike in the dream), I hope I can find this sense of calm when something goes wrong and just enjoy marrying the man I love and spending time with those who are there to celebrate us.

The other result of this dream is that it has, ironically, thrown the entire wedding into such a real place for me.  In my dream I experienced the morning of our wedding and in no time at all I will really be sitting in a hotel room getting ready for that day to begin.  Yes, I have been planning this day for the last nine months, but it's always been such an abstract thing.  I'm considering when the makeup artist, hair stylists, and photographers will get there. I'm checking out where the closest Starbucks is to the hotel so I can get morning lattes with the girls.  But it isn't until that dream that I'm really focusing on what that all will be like.  It won't just be something that is happening for others, or that I'm planning:; it will be what I'm living and feeling.  It's exciting and terrifying all at the same time!  Will I be super emotional, will I be nervous, or will it just fly by so fast that I don't have time to register emotions until the end of the night when it all bursts out? 

So besides the "OMG this is real!" feelings I have going on now, I think the dream has also given me reason to really kick things in gear now.  All of the vendors are booked, but we do need to get to work on some slightly important details like finalizing the guest list and booking our honeymoon!  

Do you have any crazy bride dreams to share?  What was the moment when things started to get really-real for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment