Thursday, October 10, 2013

Presenting Pyramids

Helloooo Hive!  I can't believe I'm actually writing an introductory post here!  Somebody pinch me, please!

I received the email from Mrs. Mouse while relaxing on my couch after a hardcore kickboxing class, and I totally screamed out loud!  We're lucky the neighbors didn't knock on the door to see if something was wrong.  Mr. Pyramid wasn't home yet, so I nervously went into cleaning mode around the house while bursting into random dance moves of excitement!  When he got home, I shared my exciting news and he let me squeal some more and I was all like...

GIF from Giphy
And then we were all...

GIF from gif database
And that continued for the rest of the night...

So who are these Pyramid people and what's their story?  

At the Orpheus Mardi Gras Ball this year.  There's an evening gown under all those beads./Personal Photo

I'm Miss Pyramid and I am a beauty-enthusiast and try-to-be dancer, but I spend my days managing production wells for an oil and gas company.  Mr. Pyramid (or Giza? Sphinx? We're working out a name) is a history buff, football super fan, and ranch dressing connoisseur who works as an accountant for an amazing non-profit company.  We've been together since I was a senior in high school, after we met on a school trip to Italy and Greece.  Several months later, that shy but funny guy who always had a Heineken in hand called me up and the rest is (ancient!) history.  
Our relationship has had a good bit of long distance, several job changes, and lots of growing up and growing together.  We started out with a couple of high school dances...

Sadie Goes Camping was the theme. Just wow./Personal Photo

and now we're engaged! 

Fortunately our posing has improved/Photo by Concept Photography
As a couple, we're pretty easy-going and silly.  We like to make each other laugh a lot (he's way more successful than I am) and try out new recipes (that's where I excel).  We love trivia, traveling to new places, the LSU Tigers, New Orleans Saints, copious amounts of garlic, sleeping in late, private dance parties, Netflix marathons, and Disney World (but we avoid the Tower of Terror).  

And why the Pyramids?

Well, we're both pretty big history nerds and we met on a vacation to another ancient city, so it seems like a great way to represent that passion.  We've never been to Egypt, but it's definitely in the plans to travel there one day.  And I'd say it's a great omen for our marriage to use the oldest and only remaining structure of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World!
I may also have been influenced because of a certain quirk that we have...whenever we're watching The Big Bang Theory (you know, one of the 100 times it is rerun in a day), we must high-five vigorously whenever they sing "We built the pyramids!" in the theme song.  Even if one of us is across the house, we come running when the song starts to do it in time.

Doing our thing in Champion's Square outside the Super Dome for the Saints' "Back to Football" 5K./Personal Photo

And now we are planning our perfect wedding for May 2014 in New Orleans...and somewhere along the way, maybe we'll figure out what "perfect" means for us!  Right now, I'm calling it traditional with a twist - a little bit of traditional plus a few ideas that I've found online or in my own head!  Thanks for stopping by, and I can't wait to share this new adventure with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment