Thursday, May 29, 2014

Rain, Rain Go Away

It's here, hive.  Through all this planning, it's kind of been hard to process that this would actually, really be happening.  It's our wedding week.

I've been on the strangest roller coaster of emotions all week. Mostly, I feel stressed about the things that still need to get done (why, oh why did we leave parent presents and the ceremony program to so last minute?).  Every once in a while I realize what we're doing and I get really anxious, but in a good way.  And whenever I think about having all of our friends in one place, I get so excited I could bust!  No matter the feeling, I've been having butterflies in the tummy nonstop!

I'm wrapping up work today, but tomorrow I'll be off to have a fun-filled day with my bridesmaids.  Mani-pedis, brunch, some drinks in the quarter...hopefully not dodging rainstorms!

At least the expected temperature dropped a few degrees!/Snippets from weather.com

You know I was all over this as soon as our date appeared on the 10-day weather forecast.  It started out looking okay and got...a bit worse.  Of course, 30-50% rain chance in NOLA is nothing short of completely normal on any day, but I still hate the look of that little rain cloud!  It rained buckets all day yesterday, so I was hoping for better news today.  Come on, haven't you rained enough, sky?

Now that we're closer, I can see some hourly forecasts and seems like most of the scattered showers will be done with by the afternoon.  The nighttime should be clear skies, and it shouldn't impact our guests' travel or our outdoor courtyard at the reception.  And fortunately, the church and main pat of the reception are all indoors.  It might affect our bridal party picture plans, though...so I'm waiting a little longer before we decide on an indoor location or go purchase umbrellas!

So it's not as bad as it could be, but if you've got any appendages available, could you keep them crossed for us?  Because rain on your wedding day is not ironic, Alanis, it's just annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment