Friday, May 9, 2014

Let's get Excited!

We're getting so close to the big day, hive! Things are a very messy, very busy whirlwind at this point, and I know my presence around here has been kind of light. That's a combination of not really having concrete things to talk about, and having less than zero time for writing.  Coming into the home stretch here, we do have lots to do, but I don't feel overwhelmed or like I want to go huddle in a corner.  Sure, several times this week I've been reduced to tears and needed to be treated with doses of wine, but I'm powering through.

So today, I just wanted to focus on the positives and come at you with a quick Friday pick-me-up post!  If you're near, far, or past your big day, I want to hear what you're excited about today! Here's mine:

The most recent - look what we picked up!


Our marriage license! And if you've been paying attention, today is the 9th of the month, our "monthaversary" date. I was off of work today, so I figured this was the best way to commemorate the last of  the 9ths.  

The next bit of excitement: one of my newest accessories, which I bought at the Kate Spade outlet in Las Vegas for my bachelorette (a post about that trip is coming, once I gather up some more pictures!):

I couldn't find this on the Kate Spade website, but they had several marriage-related ones.

I needed a new phone case and planned to look when we went shopping, as I'd had plenty of luck with KS cases in the past.  No one was expecting Miss P to run around the store showing it to all my friends and shrieking "Look how perfect!!!"  If you recall, our invitations featured gold polka dots, so I couldn't imagine a cuter phone case for me.  I also bought a teal one with stripes so I can change it after the wedding and not look like a weirdo.  But currently, I think it's precious and makes me smile whenever I look at it.

I'm also excited because I got the proofs for my bridal pictures back - all 150 of them - and I'm in love!  I'm dying to show you guys, because I love the work that my photographers did and how my outfit came together.  But we've waited this long, so let's wait a little longer!  If all things go as planned (ha!), I'll have my posts on the wedding dress coming at you while we're on the honeymoon.  Let me just tell you, the plantation was the perfect place to shoot at and we had the most gorgeous weather that day.  How can I see about reserving that weather for the wedding day? Can I put a deposit down or something, please?

Last weekend, I flew up to Pittsburgh for BM Duffy's bridal shower (she's getting married soon after us).  I'm one of her bridesmaids, and I really wanted to be there for her.  The shower was beach themed (her favorite) and her MOH did an excellent job with all of the decorations and games!  It was fun to be on the working end of the shower, and we had a fun weekend, even though it was really quick.

I was so impressed with all of the beachy details!  

And of course since I was in Pittsburgh, I had to stop in and see a few familiar faces...

Me, Mrs. Palm Tree, and Miss Parisian!!

My first Bee hangout!  It was so cool to meet them in real life, and I can report back that they're really awesome!  

Of course we've got RSVP cards rolling in, presents being delivered, and arrival plans are being finalized for all of the OOT friends.  It's making everything seem so very real and close!

So that's enough exclamation points for me right now (seriously, that key is hurting).  What is exciting in your life right now - wedding related or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment