Monday, January 5, 2015

Monumental Love: Friends, Family, and Formality

After our first look, we met up with the family and bridal party downstairs in my parents' room. Here's where a bit of stress crept back into the day: we didn't know where to go from here.  We did the family and bridal party formal pictures all together, so I felt it was only right to keep them all grouped together here.

Such a sweet picture of my parents while we figured out a game plan.|All photos by Eau Claire Photographics


The plan was that we would get on the rented trolley (which had a minimum of four hours, so we had to use it earlier in the day anyway) and head out to the French Quarter.  Sandra and I had talked about finding a nice-looking residential street and taking our pictures there.  Once again, the rain screwed up that plan.  I know, I know, you're tired of hearing that.  Just imagine how I felt.  But I was absolutely out of ideas, so at that point I left it in the hands of our photographers.  

Sam ran downstairs and was able to find an open hotel ballroom that we were able to use.  Pretty good backdrop in a pinch!

The girls kicked off our photo session.  



Those bouquets! And the fabulous ladies.

Not going to lie, as a bride in formal pictures, you just kind of stand there and let people form groups around you.  And maybe get a couple of solo shots too.


 We made sure to get individual pics of me with each of the bridesmaids.

BM Dino and MOH Curls

BMs Duffy, Taco, and Perk

Then Sphinx stepped in to work his best Aladdin pose with the gals.


Next up, the guys!  Originally, this next photo was on my cutting room floor (aka the "nope" folder of what pictures to include in recaps), but it makes me laugh way too much.  Does anyone else get the sensation that the guys are about to blast off with jet packs?


A bit of perspective and some hands in pockets helped the situation significantly.


And Sphinx got photos with his dudes as well.

Top: GM Jojo, BM Skitles, GM Lil Bro. Bottom: GM Goatee, GM Shark, GM Moe

But I suppose boys are best when you just let them be themselves.


Add it all together, and you get a pretty good looking bunch!


We were also able to get plenty of family photos here too.  I'll probably mention it later on, but I'm glad we got these pictures with everybody before the ceremony - another plus for the first look!  I think everyone (especially me) looks much more relaxed here when compared to the pictures in the church after the ceremony when we were in a rush.

The Pyramid Family with our new addition.

Pyramid Parents

I know everyone who posts family formals always comments how internet strangers don't want to look at boring family pics.  However, I've always found those posts really interesting because I like to inspect the pictures to pick out the family resemblances. I'm told we've got a bit of that going on, so if you're into that sort of thing, enjoy!

The Pyramid Siblings


Nanny, Pyramid, MOH Curls, and Momma P

The Sphinx Family with the New Addition
Pyramid Parents
The cousins - Sphinx, Dino, Jojo, and Skittles requested a picture together, which meant breaking out the trademark "serious face."

I believe this comes up a good bit in the photo booth later on.

Right after the ballroom, we headed around the corner (on the trolley) to the Board of Trade.  The rain had slowed by that time, and at least we had a covering if it picked up again. Sphinx and I did our couples photos at this point, but those are for next time!

Apparently things got a bit goofy when we strolled away hand-in-hand.
We soon returned to restore some order. 


I'm fine with the pictures like this one since they're nice and neat, but if you've got an uneven bridal party like we did, this picture lineup isn't your best choice.  It really makes the picture tux heavy.   Staggering everyone like we did in the ballroom made for a much more natural look to the group.


Not sure what's happening behind us, but it's still cute.


  And here we have all the other girls looking cute and Miss P not looking at the camera.  I told y'all I was obsessed with those flowers!


And finally, our whole, immediate family together!  This one's probably my fave of the bunch. 

This also allowed us an opportunity to get a glimpse at the venue before the reception.  If you look closely in that last picture, you'll see a chandelier hanging in the tree!  They made it up!  I started tearing up when we arrived, since the last I'd heard from the decorator was that he wasn't sure about them anymore due to the rain.  Besides that, I wasn't really worried about any of the decor, but it sure was nice to see some of it before the ballroom was full of guests later on that night!
Previously on the Pyramid Wedding:

No comments:

Post a Comment