Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Monumental Love: (Photo) Walk Like an Egyptian

(Oh come on, I had to fit the song in here somehow)

Our photographer Sandra requested that we find a few minutes for a bride and groom "photo walk" during the portrait time.  I'd been scratching my head trying to figure out a perfect place to take some gorgeous New Orleans pictures, but I never expected to get such a lovely set of couples photos by using a random street near our venue.  Sure, we don't have any famous NOLA landmarks in the shots, but we obviously received a ton of pictures I was pleased with and we didn't have to run all around town to get them.  Seriously, there are a ton of pictures in this post.  I swear I tried to narrow it down, but certain little looks and smiles and kisses just make all of these photos so special.  I'll keep the commentary down to a minimum today, and just let the awesome photos do all the talking.  Be prepared for an onslaught of Pyramid faces, y'all.

 | All photos by Eau Claire Photographics |



When we made the decision to head to the Board of Trade for our photos, I knew I wanted to capture some of my favorite architectural features in the shots: the columns, the wrought iron fence, the fountain, and the street tiles outside the venue.  




You can just barely see those glass orbs hanging in the insets behind us.  Remember that.  We'll discuss those sometime later on.  








You can see all the glassware and candles set up around the fountain - all ready to go for a nighttime reception!

These blue tiles grace the corners of the streets of New Orleans, and I was so excited  that the street  to the side of our venue had the name on the sidewalk!  I knew it was perfect for the typical shoe shot picture. Sphinx is showing off his purple socks too!


In order for our photo walk to live up to its name, I scooped up my dress and veil and we took a stroll around the corner, stopping in front of any building fronts that looked interesting.  

If I'm being completely honest, I don't love how some of the pictures of my dress came out here - hiking it up trying to stay dry kind of screwed up the silhouette. But not like we're really running short with pictures of my dress, and this way we get some peeks of my shoes!



Favorite?  It's really hard to pick that on this post. But this one shows how much we were enjoying ourselves!




And Sphinx was able to pose for some solo shots to capture his dapper groom look.







Somehow I narrowed all these down and picked this one as the star of our Christmas card this year. 


 If you haven't caught on, our technique involved rotating a few simple poses: look into each other's eyes, kiss, smile at the camera.  Repeat, repeat repeat.




"Hey, you're cute. Wanna get hitched?"

"We'd make an awesome superhero duo.  Well, if  I ditched this veil."

Partners in crime, best buddies.


Cheesy smiles and big ole kisses.  

We came back to the Board of Trade and took a few more group shots (which you saw last time) and one more necessary picture.  I can't share this one without recognizing the extraordinary maid of honor efforts by MOH Curls - holding my dress out of the puddles so we could get that shot with the chandelier!

Apparently I owe her big time.

I think I like the "behind the scenes" pic even better than the result below, but come on - that's a hard picture to be put up against!


Tired of our faces yet?  It's alright, we're done!  


Once again, I love that we took these before the ceremony so that we had daylight and extra time to get them done - we were able to just relax and have fun while our photographers snapped away.  And at this point, all the pictures were out of the way - that means time to make our way over to the church to make this thing official!  



Previously on the Pyramid Wedding:

No comments:

Post a Comment