Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Monumental Love: Pyramids Rock Your Blocks Off

After the cake cutting, the band was still on break, so we stepped outside with Sandra to get a couple of pictures in the candlelit courtyard.  I'm glad we didn't wait til this time for the bulk of the couples photos - we're looking a bit frazzled and sweaty by this point!  But these were definitely on the "must take" photo list, so we had to go get them.

There were a few guests who enjoyed the night in the courtyard, so I'm glad we took the time to make it beautiful!/All photos by Eau Claire Photographics
And of course we needed a picture with those all-important chandeliers!

And then there are the unplanned pictures you get on the photographer's recommendation that turn out great, like these from heading back into the ballroom. 




When we came back inside, we found a party in full swing (although some of these photos are from earlier in the night, so just use your imagination, okay?).

Adorable picture of MOH Curls and her boyfriend.
I liked that our photographers were able to get lots of shots of couples on the dance floor as well as at the tables.

Sphinx Dad singing along to the music.

Godfather G busting one heck of a move.

As we go on, things get kicked up a notch.

The most perfect picture of Nanny ever captured.

Groovy 7 kept the hits coming and the energy high all night long. 





The end of the band break was supposed to signal the start of the big surprise...but that was running a little bit late.  I talked to the venue coordinator who told me that it would happen shortly, but I just needed to keep Sphinx on the dance floor.  And like they were in on it, our guests started a good ole fashioned dance circle to keep everyone's attention focused there. 



'scuse me, y'all, this bride is about to get down.

Notice BM Perk's costume change? I might share that story another time but basically this was her backup because 48 hours before this, her bridesmaids dress was in 3 pieces. #donttellthebride


Apparently the crowd was pleased with my dance circle offering.


So I had to bring that Sphinx in with me.



And apparently this happened.



On the honeymoon, Sphinx and I definitely had the thought "Wait...did this song play at our wedding?" a few times while listening to the radio.  We hardly remember any specific songs, but obviously the mix of oldies and top 40's hits sure did the trick.  I could look back at the video for the specifics, but just insert your favorite dance party mix into your head, if you don't mind.


And then the dance circle evolved into something even better: a jump rope show down.


BM Skittles and GM Jojo started off spinning the "ropes."


And guests took turns jumping into the middle.


Some people got called out...





 And some were a bit more willing...


Until the jump rope arena turned into a worm zone.

Also notice: I changed into flats before all this dancing madness.  The heels weren't hurting just yet, but I decided to be safe when we had the break.

Need I say more? Our friends are a darn good time. 


We were applauding J's worming efforts when the music switched over to the LSU fight song, so we kept the clapping and cheering going...and the big surprise made its way out!  Tune in next time to see what it is (shh, I know I already posted about it, but just keep playing along!).




Previously on the Pyramid Wedding:

1 comment: