Thursday, February 13, 2014

Say Cheese!

I've never been to a wedding with a photo booth.  True Story.  So I know some people are all "Photo booths are old news!" but to me they're still new and exciting.  BM Dino and I had some fun in one at an open house that our venue, the Board of Trade, put on.

Props and fun with BM Dino./Photo from Boogie Booth
With no shortage of photo booth companies popping up, I figured that the best thing to do would wait for a deal on Groupon or Living Social.  But when you purchase from sites like that, your purchase is usually only good for six months.  So in January, I started scouting out photo booth companies with deals posted to fit within the deadline.


I contacted one that I liked the look of, and she said that they were available for our date.  It wasn't til after contacting her that I notice that Living Social (or at least this deal) only had a 4 month timeline to use it, just shy of our date.  So I asked her if I would be okay to use the deal for my date - she said that wouldn't work but that she would honor the Living Social discount and book right through the company.  That'll work for me!

So that's how we ended up going with Mobile Memories for the photo booth!   Their selling point is that you can fit up to ten people in the booth and that every person in the picture gets a copy of their photo. I wouldn't have even thought about the number of photos printed, but once they mentioned it I thought it was a nice touch.

Sweet messages from guests - I imagine those get sloppier later on./Found on  Wedologize/Photo by Hudson Valley Ceremonies
I added on the scrapbook option so that guests can leave a copy of their pictures and write something nice, which I definitely wanted since our actual guest book probably won't allow for personal messages to be included.

But I decided to skip on the social media station option, which is an Ipad on a stand outside the booth.  When you enter your Facebook info, it will post your photo strip on your wall!  A cute idea (and actually that's what Dino and I did in the photo above), but it cost extra and didn't seem worth it.  We'll get a hard drive of all the pictures after the wedding, and I'll just share the pictures then.

And then I picked a black background, told her to put our initials and the date on the bottom of the strip and it was done!  Definitely easy, I got a good deal on it, and I expect people to have lots of fun in the booth (when they're not busting a move on the dance floor!).  I'm sure a "fauxto" booth would have been even cheaper, but not having to gather props or set up a camera is worth its weight in gold to me at this point!

Did you go with a photo booth or are you over them?  Was it faux? 

No comments:

Post a Comment