Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Monumental Love: Pharoah-cious Photo Booth

(Yes, Pharoah-cious comes from my recap title graveyard when I was attempting to be witty.  It was just so ridiculous I had to use it somewhere)

For some reason, while we were planning I would always forget that we had a photo booth.  Like when I saw someone else post about them, I'd take a second to remember, "Oh, yea, we have one of those too!"  Probably because it was just such an easy choice and simple coordination.  I hired Mobile Memories to do our photo booth; I booked directly through them but they honored the Groupon deal because I wanted to do some add-ons, like an extra hour so the booth was open for the entire reception and the scrapbook. I gave them the names, date, and colors for the bottom of the photo strips, checked in to confirm the week of, and that was that. 

All photos by Mobile Memories.

I'd say it was a hit!  The only problem is that it had a line most of the night, so guests had to wait to use it.  But that means it was popular, right?     

The appeal of this photo booth company was that they offered printed strips for every person in the booth, every time they took a photo.  So I know some of our guests wound up with quite a few prints by the end of the night!  Others (like my dad), didn't realize it was there and thought the black curtained off area was something for the band's equipment.  I'd say if we were to do it over again, we'd advertise it better, but overall it just wasn't a huge deal.  We still wound up with tons of pictures* from the night!

Sphinx Mom and her sisters in all their sassy glory.
If you're on the fence about photo booths, here's something I didn't consider beforehand that could be a strong selling point: group photos.  We definitely didn't get the chance to wrangle up the extended family or various friend groups to get pictures with our photographer, so this was a nice alternative. Even if they are a bit goofy.

Sphinx and some of his friends.
But really, it was definitely a win if it resulted in all this silliness being captured on film. 






Honestly, we weren't really able to commit too much time to the photo booth, but there were a few times where we walked by and someone pulled us in to say they wanted us to join in the picture. Don't mind if I do....

And at some point the attendants told us that we needed to do our own set of photos so they could put that on the front page of the scrapbook.  Whoops, looks like they got to us a little late in the night...

Speaking of the scrapbook - it's awesome!  Nothing fancy, but it sure is nice to see some of the messages and photos our guests left throughout the night. Here's some of the funniest ones.


"Now get to makin' some babies and killin' zombies."  But like...at the same time? They didn't specify. 
"May your love never get a bump out."  From my Disney coworkers, referencing the bump out slip we'd get when it was time for the end of the shift. 
"You rock...don't ever change" They went with the classic Lizzie Maguire standby.  Love. 


All in all, it was a fun addition to have at the reception, especially for those who weren't as much into the dancing portion.  But there might be a bit more of that coming your way next time! 


*So...we had a jump drive with all of the pictures.  And I'm sure it's in the house somewhere.  It's just a little hard to locate at the moment.  Dino had put some of her friends/family up on Facebook, so that's how I have these to share but looks like we'll need to start digging through some drawers pretty soon.  Sorry for the technical difficulties and the delay in posting that resulted!


Previously on the Pyramid Wedding:

No comments:

Post a Comment