Monday, March 2, 2015

Monumental Love: Throw Me Something, Mister

After Mike the Tiger crashed our party, the dancing game stayed strong.  Sometime later on, the band called for the bouquet and garter tosses.  This was definitely one of those things we left on the list just "because you do it."  I'm know everyone's not the biggest fan of doing the tosses, but no Pyramid guests were harmed in (or forced into) the participation of this tradition.

I didn't give the band any specific songs to play, but looks like they might have had a song going, based on some dance-ish moves in the background./All photos by Eau Claire Photographics


Obviously a check on the height of the ceiling was necessary, just in case the Earth suddenly lost a bit of gravitational pull and I could actually throw that high. 

Nothing left to do but chuck it!

The bouquet bounced off a few hands and landed on...

Cousin Who!

You might remember her from her special song at our mass.

She was excited to take home the toss bouquet (obviously I didn't throw the real one here).
Not pictured here: BM Perk and me high-tailing it to the bridal suite to retrieve the garter that I had removed earlier that day.  I only slipped on the smaller garter since I knew I'd return to dancing right after and couldn't be bothered with having the main one slip off again.

What? Sorry, just had to slip off and powder my nose!


I made it easy (aka less awkward) for Sphinx by just putting the garter above the knee, but we still had a bit of fun with it.


The group of guys was a bit smaller than the crowd of ladies, but there definitely was a good amount of effort from some gents.

Sphinx went with the "fling" technique over the "slingshot."  Classic.


J goes big or goes home, apparently.


And he was mighty proud of his prize!  

You might remember him from "the worm" a few posts back. 

All in all, it was a quick, fun time, and those who came out victorious seemed to be excited.  I believe at this point I grabbed a slice of cake (really! A full slice!) before heading back to dancing!


Previously on the Pyramid Wedding:

No comments:

Post a Comment