Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Monumental Love: Reception Round Up

So far we've covered everything at the reception (except the act of exiting, of course), but there were just a few photos that fell into an "other" category that I couldn't go without sharing.  So to round out our reception, and to give you a bit more of a feel for how our night progressed, here's a bit of "everything else."

Gorgeous high school friends./All photos by Eau Claire Photographics

Sphinx and I both made a point to travel around to as many tables as possible right after the first dance, so we got some good ones of us interacting with our guests.
Catching up with one of Momma P's friends - I think she was saying how awesome everything was and I was responding "I KNOW, right?" I was still in awe that it all came together after all.

Sphinx had a little chat with my grandpa, probably about how he better treat me right.  

Dino throwing some shifty eyes/shade at an unknown subject.

We called ourselves the Core Six in high school, because we're super cool.  I'd share a picture from back then to show how much cuter we are now, but then I wouldn't have any friends anymore.

I couldn't be happier that my Disney Program friends traveled from far and wide to attend the wedding!  

Sphinx Dad and the uncles doing what they do best: chillin and drinking beer. (Also a glimpse at our different centerpieces that we had going on <3)

At some point later on in the evening, the lead singer of Groovy 7 pulled us up to the stage area for a little interrogation questioning.  I know for a fact there weren't any creepy/uncomfortable questions, but Sphinx and I honestly don't remember what all went down while we were up there.  The videographer had already left, so this part of the night shall remained shrouded in mystery.  

I do remember thinking "I didn't sign up for this!  It's wayyy too late in the night to have us speaking in front of all the guests!"

Literally no idea.
I do remember him asking "How y'all feelin' tonight?"  Which I usually assume is a rhetorical question.  We did a little "Woo!"  but he wanted an actual answer...


So I thought maybe he was looking for a lead in to the James Brown song, so I shouted "I feel good!"

But they seemed kind of let down by that and turned the question over to Sphinx.
The natural response?


 "Who Dat!"

We still don't know what an acceptable reply would have been, but that was good enough for me!
And with that we returned to the dance floor, far away from any microphones.

I love some of the photos of the couples in attendance that the photographers were able to grab.  

Like this adorable one of MOH Curls and her boyfriend, Brado tearing it up.

Another cute one of Curls and Brado dancing.  And something very shocking going on in the background!  Again, literally no idea what.


























And there were some good family shots in there as well. A bit more casual than the photos earlier in the day.  And maybe a lil sweatier.

As they say, like Nanny, like niece!

One of my faves of Momma P and me.

Another memory that stands out was while M and I dancing, and her saying "Wait here. I'm going to go get you that tambourine!"


I tried to talk her out of it (as my face might be showing), because I'm not really one of those "grab the tambourine/jump up on the stage" kind of girls (M herself, most definitely is).  But I did my duty as a bride and shook that tambourine a little bit.


And then I passed it off during "Shout!" because I couldn't handle all that responsibility while getting a little bit softer.






Fortunately, the tambourine wound up in capable hands in the end.


And of course I found some time to do some embarrassing dance moves with my main squeeze. 


Seriously, what is this?

Aw, he loves me anyway.


Previously on the Pyramid Wedding:

No comments:

Post a Comment